question

joshwicklow avatar image
joshwicklow asked

Is it usual for Android to create two accounts per player?

Hello,

Whenever I create an account on Android I get one PlayFab and one Android account. Is this normal? If not, how would I fix this?

5385-screenshot-2023-01-14-132339.png

Account Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 answered

Yes, that's normal. Or rather, you did it incorrectly. You should use Login() for the first method and then Link() for any following.

You used Login() twice with different methods and that results, of course, in two different accounts, because they don't know of each other.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

If your intention is to only create an Android account for the player, then it is unusual to have two accounts created. Usually, you should call only one account creation API, and if you want to add other login method for the player, you should use the link API. For example, you can call Authentication - Register PlayFab User to create a PlayFab account and use Account Management - Link Android Device ID to add Android Device Id info.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.