question

nostellar.sjh@gmail.com avatar image
nostellar.sjh@gmail.com asked

GameClient Write Player Event Result : InvalidTicket

5378-image.png

I've been getting these messages since yesterday. About 20 users are testing the game. No problem code was found when trying to find the cause. Where should I check to solve it?

Player DataPlayStream
image.png (39.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniel-9 avatar image
daniel-9 answered

We received this response from PlayFab:

"It seems like there are two additional situations where the InvalidTicket error is returned:

1.- NotAuthenticated, which is the code that is returned when session ticket is absent, malformed or expired, was replaced by InvalidTicket in some cases. Our engineering team mentioned that they would be reverting this change.

2.- APIClientRequestRateLimitExceeded got replaced by Invalid Ticket when the caller is not authenticated. This is an intended change, and a result of rate limiting being processed before authentication."

It seems that the revert for 1 has been deployed today.

In short: PlayFab deployed these changes on January 3:

• Some of the NotAuthenticated errors were replaced by InvalidTicket. It appears to have been reverted on January 26.

• The APIClientRequestRateLimitExceeded error was replaced by InvalidTicket when the caller is not authenticated.

Thanks to these changes we have detected the lack of error handling in our code for some API calls. These errors force us to perform a re-login.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thomas Bizal avatar image Thomas Bizal commented ·

Thanks for updating us. I'm glad they reverted the NotAuthenticated change, because that seems like a silly change to make behind the scenes without any warning due to how many people have specific login code to handle that error.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

The API WritePlayerEvent requires a client Session Ticket which available from any Client Login function. The Result:InvalidTicket may means that your Session Ticket for the user has expired (they only last 24 hours). Once this ticket expires, you can obtain a fresh Session Ticket by logging in the user.

10 |1200

UnityUser avatar image
UnityUser answered

I started seeing substantially more of InvalidTicket errors out of nowhere last evening around 20.30 UTC. Never seen these errors before, but today our error rate has been through the roof. Any idea what is going on? It shouldn't be caused by expired tickets, because the amount so suddenly spiked and I checked some player's last logins and they were less than 24 hours ago.

10 |1200

daniel-9 avatar image
daniel-9 answered

Hi! We are also getting a bunch of InvalidTicket errors since January 3. It was not happening before and we didn't change our code. Did you update anything on that date?

We are controlling the InvalidSessionTicket error as explained here, but InvalidTicket is a different error. Should we do the same?

5387-screenshot-2023-01-16-at-145505.png 5388-screenshot-2023-01-16-at-145545.png

3 comments
10 |1200

UnityUser avatar image UnityUser commented ·

Hi, could you please tell where do I can get an error report like that? Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-9 avatar image daniel-9 UnityUser commented ·

You can find it in Title Overview > API Calls, filtering by Result equal to InvalidTicket. After that we have put together the data of each endpoint on a spreadsheet.

1 Like 1 ·
daniel-9 avatar image daniel-9 daniel-9 commented ·

We are also on Unity, btw. We are wondering if PlayFab will read and review this or if we should contact their support in another way.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Bizal avatar image
Thomas Bizal answered

The InvalidTicket error has recently started appearing for me as well in the past couple weeks, whereas I had never seen it before then, despite not making any changes to any code related to Playfab in several months.

This error is also breaking my reconnection logic when a player gets disconnected from Playfab. Previously, I was checking for error codes AuthTokenExpired, NotAuthenticated, or InvalidSessionTicket, and then reconnecting the player. However, it seems sometimes this new InvalidTicket error is being returned rather than the former error codes.

Some users are also suddenly having issues loading the leaderboards as a result of this new error as well. I'm really lost and having trouble finding any additional information about this.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.