question

Steffan avatar image
Steffan asked

Economy v2: inventory completely BREAKS when adding a new collection that contains an underscore

Title says it all, really. When you add a new collecion that contains an underscore in the string, the game manager will not load that player's inventory anymore. The page will just be blank. When calling GetInventoryCollectionIdsAsync via the API, it now returns none of the collection id's (even none of the ones I previously had that don't contain an underscore.)

Secondary question: I can't seem to add an item to a player's inventory at all. No matter what I try, the API returns "Asset (FriendlyId/itemname) was not found." I've tried using the FriendlyId and using the internal id directly copypasted from the catalog, but both yield the same result. I'm logged in as title entity, so it can't be a policy issue either. Maybe it's related to the above issue, I don't know.

My title id is 770E4 in case you want to check things out.

In-Game Economy
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Simon Cui avatar image Simon Cui commented ·

I am doing tests for your case, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like 1 ·
Steffan avatar image Steffan commented ·

Master player "DECA5A1C599B106D" has 3 collections with some test items in them, but using PlayFabEconomyAPI.GetInventoryCollectionIdsAsync always yields Count = 0.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention. We have a fix ready and expect it to be available this week.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steffan avatar image Steffan commented ·

Hi, thanks. Does that include a fix for the 2nd problem as well or just the underscore thing? I'm still not able to add items or get a player's inventories/collections. Both title and master_player_account entities get Asset (itemidhere) was not found errors when trying to add an item. Using latest C# SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Steffan commented ·

You can't add items to a master_player_account yet. Try using a title_player_account instead. What does your request look like?

0 Likes 0 ·
Steffan avatar image Steffan kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

That would indeed explain it! Somehow I thought we were meant to use the master_player_account with the new system. All works well now, and the underscore issue seems to be fixed too.

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.