question

shpytagleb avatar image
shpytagleb asked

Any way to temporarily forbid an account registration in the game?

I need to have a way to manually turn off/on a feature of creating new accounts while still letting users to log in if they already have one. The problem is that I cannot use a flag in the title data for this sake as users are able to request it only after being logged in. I also cannot rely on updating the game version each time as it sometimes take a few days for a build to be processed by the googleplay/appstore. I was considering using server API to edit permission policies and manually allow/deny an access to /Client/RegisterPlayFabUser but it seems that it would still let users to create guest/google/game center accounts because of a CreateAccount flag I have no choice but to include in requests as otherwise it would be impossible to register those kinds of accounts in general. I would also prefer to not host a third party service to store a one bit of information to retrieve by a client before attempting to register (if I have a choice). I also didn't find any way to restrict an amount of allowed user accounts in the title's settings. Maybe there is some way to get a data from the Playfab without logging in while having only Client API included to the game? Please tell me if I missed anything.

Thank you for your work.

apisAccount ManagementShared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

PlayFab doesn’t provide such feature to temporarily prohibit creation of new accounts and you cannot get the data from the Playfab without logging in. As an easy workaround, you can call the RegisterPlayFabUser API when player first start the game to let the player register a PlayFab account, and then call the Link APIs (like LinkCustomID, LinkGoogleAccount etc.) to link different accounts. And when a player wants to log in, always set create account to false so only registered players can log in. In this case, you can control player account registration by simply disabling the RegisterPlayFabUser API via the API access policy.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.