question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Problem with retrieving facebook info from player

Hello !

I'm new to the service, so I might have overlooked something...

My player first connects with a LoginWithCustomID, to an account that has a linked facebook account.

I have checked in the dashboard.

At that point, I should allready be able to retrieve facebook info in the GetAccountInfo, right ?

My player then connects to facebook, and if it wasn't linked before, I link it then.

I also tried connecting directly with LoginWithFacebook.

In both cases the GetAccountInfo gives me a null for the UserFacebookInfo.

I tried the opposite, and I'm able to get my correct playfabid with GetPlayFabIDsFromFacebookIDs entering the corresponding facebook id.

Any ideas ?

By the way the tests are done in unity editor, but I'm guessing it's supposed to work ?

Thanks !

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chris avatar image Chris commented ·

It's worth noting that I can't seem to be able to manually unlink the facebook linked account in the game manager...

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, whether you're calling from the Unity Editor, Postman, or any other tool, the Web API calls would work the same. What is the PlayFab ID of the player account in question?

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi,

it's 7F21E34A0B73DD71.

I also have 4987A003687A0247 and 2DB2B52334497B76 that were created from linking and unlinking...

I even tried deleting them from the try it button on the DeleteUser doc, and got this answer :

API Call Results

{
 "code": 200,
 "status": "OK",
 "data": {},
 "CallBackTimeMS": 733
}

But even so, they didn't get deleted...

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Chris commented ·

Please see this thread for info on player deletion in PlayFab: https://community.playfab.com/questions/6720/deleting-users-from-playfab.html.

0 Likes 0 ·

I now seem to have the facebook account linked to 2 accounts...

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Chris commented ·

Can you provide your specific repro steps? I do see what you're looking at on the accounts in question, but it should not be possible to link two different accounts to the same Facebook login, unless you did something like create/link them at the same time.

0 Likes 0 ·
vuquocdungit avatar image vuquocdungit commented ·

Same to me. I'm using Playfab in Unity and test on Android devices.

the GetAccountInfo always returns a NULL value for UserFacebookInfo.

I found out that only logined user return a valid UserFacebookInfo and anyone else return a NULL value.

But the problem is I need the UserFacebookInfo for showing the Facebook leaderboard. How can i do that.

Please help.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan vuquocdungit commented ·

A user can always retrieve all of his or her own information, but cannot necessarily retrieve all info for others. In some cases (like the Facebook ID), the issue will be whether the information is considered private or restricted in some other way. However, if you use GetFriendsList and set IncludeFacebookFriends to true, that should get you what you need, as we can return the Facebook ID to another player who is a currently connected friend in Facebook.

0 Likes 0 ·
vuquocdungit avatar image vuquocdungit commented ·

OK, I got it. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.