question

kevin-7 avatar image
kevin-7 asked

Server fail to respond

Our unreal dedicated server fails to respond to clients when they ask for all session

What we do is that we use the matchmaking to put the player together. When that is done, our server starts and creates a steam session. After that, the client start looking for all the steam session.

Normally, the client should easily find the session that the server created, but instead, we got this warning and no session is found: Warning: STEAM: Failed to respond IP:20.120.11.5

According to unreal source code this warning comes from from a method described like this: Called by the SteamAPI when a server has failed to respond

When putting the server on a normal computer (not on playfab), the clients find the session on the server without any issues. Also, after using Wireshark, I can see that this is the packet sent to the server: 5377-packet.jpg

We opened the necessary ports for the server: 5381-server-setting.jpg

Any idea why the server fail to respond when it is on playfab?

unrealCustom Game Servers
packet.jpg (90.3 KiB)
server-setting.jpg (29.0 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 commented ·

This is my problem as well. I can't join active session with correct ip+port.

0 Likes 0 ·
melihduman74 avatar image melihduman74 melihduman74 commented ·

I'Ve found my problem, it was in joining code. I was using Unreal's GetWorld()->Exec. I changed it to PlayerController->Exec() and it works now.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

The Ports info on the second picture are the actual ports that you should connect to. For example, if you want to connect to “game_port_27015_UDP”, you should connect to “20.120.11.5:30130”.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-7 avatar image kevin-7 commented ·

Then how would I go about joining the steam session on the server?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao kevin-7 commented ·

Does your build use container mode? Since the container port will be mapped to the physical network, if you want to connect to the exact same port your server is listening to, you can use process mode to host single instance in a VM.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.