question

Dylan Hunt avatar image
Dylan Hunt asked

[RESOLVED] 500+ nonfatal errors for Unity client sdk asset package..?

EDIT: RESOLVED by ... doing absolutely nothing. They eventually randomly just... went away.... which is great for me, but disturbing for my mind how this possibly happened and went away.. ugh. But yea, solution: 1) Walk away from PC, 2) Grab a beer, 3) and perhaps the magical essence of a frosty brew touched playfab's computer heart and allowed it to work?

https://i.imgur.com/uRXpuI0.png

^ This picture should pretty much show my concern. I simply imported from Unity package and I get no errors in the editor, but as soon as I open up *any* script in Visual Studio, I get spammed with these non-fatal errors (that SHOULD be fatal ... false positive?). I tried rebuilding, but nada.

Anyone know what's up with this?

The weird part is that my scripts all still work fine! I connected a player, got some data and he's logged in! 

These are all leading to just a few assemblies "missing":

1. Cannot convert from 'method group' to 'ErrorCallback'
  2. Non-invocable member 'PlayFabSettings.GlobalErrorHandler' cannot be used like a method. 
  3. The name 'CallRequestContainer' does not exist in the current context 
  4. 'PlayFabErrorCode' does not exist in the current context 
  5. The name 'WebRequestType' does not exist in the current context 
  6. The type or namespace name 'CallRequestContainer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
  7. The type or namespace name 'CallRequestContainer' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
  8. The type or namespace name 'ErrorCallback' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
  9. The type or namespace name 'PlayFabError' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) 
  10. The type or namespace name 'PlayFabErrorCode' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
  11. The type or namespace name 'WebRequestType' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Of these many 500+ errors, there are only ELEVEN in total (above) that are recurring.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Clone PlayFab UnityClient SDK
  2. Double click PlayFabClientSDK.unitypackage
  3. Accept default imports
  4. Open any script thereafter
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dylan Hunt avatar image Dylan Hunt commented ·

This looks VERY similar to my issue! My beer is now consumed and no fix :( hmm...

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dylan Hunt commented ·

Dylan, can you provide more details on your repro case?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

Step 1: Clone PlayFab UnityClient SDK and step 2: Unpacking the unitypackage are redundant.  Opening the unitypackage will replace all the playfab files with duplicates of the same.  So in the end, I think that restarting Unity or Visual Studio was the "real" solution, as one or the other probably got confused when every file in the project changed.

We also had a recent build issue where the published unitypackage wasn't up to date with the rest of the sdk, so you may have overwritten the new sdk files with old files from the package (that was our bad, sorry!).

Either way, it sounds like you're fixed.  Let us know if you have any other issues.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.