question

quanpn82 avatar image
quanpn82 asked

How to get player list same level

I used Player Statistics to log level for player

Is there any way to get list of player with same level?

Thank

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

One way would be to use GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer. But if you mean a complete list of all players with a certain level, you would need to use either PlayStream to define a Segment for each level you want to track, or else the Event Archive (stream all the events to your own S3, so that you could read that into Redshift for Tableau analysis, for example) or an integrated analytics provider.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

quanpn82 avatar image quanpn82 commented ·

Thank for your advise, Brendan

I think using GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer closest my requirement, I still need a loop to check level exact the same. My game have huge number of level (300 levels) so I think using Segment or Event is impossible.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan quanpn82 commented ·

Having that many Segments would be fairly expensive, but you could actually do this via the Event Archive, depending on your usage scenarios. Basically, you'd be using the archive to collect the events, and then evaluating it to get the most recent instance of the statistic change event for the level, for each player.

But yes, if you need a more realtime evaluation in-game, I would recommend using the leaderboard API call to get a collection of users around the current player's level.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.