question

Jeremy Rose avatar image
Jeremy Rose asked

GetLeaderBoard and GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer inconsistency

Having the same issue. The position returned by GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer is not the same as if you call GetLeaderboard.

Looking at the dashboard list. This appears to be returning some kind of filtered list based on score. We have lots of ties in our leaderboard.

In the list of all stats my player is actually 32, but when calling GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer for my player id and count of 1, the position is 23, which is the position of the first value equal to my value. Basically the first of the tied values in the master list.

So when say listing the top 25 entries, and then my entry position is 23. But I am not in the list at position 23. When my position entry should actually be 32 if gotten from GetLeaderboard

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

This is a known issue, and the team is working on making the newer statistics service. Please keep an eye on PlayFab Roadmap - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, as soon as it is available, we will update it.

You can also refer to ​GetLeaderboardAroundPlayer returns different Position than GetLeaderboard - Playfab Community.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.