question

Arjuna avatar image
Arjuna asked

Deleting users/game

I know this has been asked before and the answer is that user information can be deleted using Admin/DeleteUsers, but the playfab entry and ID still remain in the game's db.

I've been writing my own script to migrate my data from Parse to PlayFab and the first few times around there were bugs in my code causing incorrect data on the parse end. I would like to delete these entries or the game itself and start again to confirm that my data is being migrated correctly.

It would be great if there was a way to delete all user entries or delete a game that isn't in production yet. 

Also, I can only view 50 players. Is there any way to view all the players? There isn't an option to search by name/email now - only search by PlayFab ID. 

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Actually, the text you enter in the box is searching across all components - username, title display name, PlayFab ID, and email address. Any match should show up - if you're not seeing one, could you let us know what Title ID this is for, what you're entering, and which account it should match?

And yes, the "husk" of the player account - the PlayFab ID, stripped of all the elements associated with the user - does remain, as there are many entries throughout the data tables associated with the PlayFab ID. When we provide a sandbox environment, we will provide a way to delete games entirely, but right now the risk to a live title is too great.

However, you can hide the game from your view via the main dashboard (click the PlayFab logo in the upper left, them click the icon on the upper right corner of the game itself, choose edit, then select the hide option and click save), and you can create a new title at any time, to get a clean working space. Bear in mind though, player accounts are not title-specific. They are studio-specific. So, all the titles in your studio have access to your player accounts, so that you can (for example) share data across them. If you need a completely blank space with no accounts, I would recommend creating a new studio.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Arjuna avatar image
Arjuna answered

Ah, its good to know that I can search for display name etc. 

I tried that earlier today and found some issues. I'll send you specifics tomorrow if I still run into the same issue. i.e. I search for name A, but it shows me user B which has nothing in common. 

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Yes, please do let us know the details, so that we can track this down. Definitely appreciate any info you can provide, as we're not seeing this in our testing.

10 |1200

Arjuna avatar image
Arjuna answered

Hi brendanv, how do I contact you directly with my test info?

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

If there's something confidential you need to send us, you can always send it to devrel@playfab.com.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.