question

Domagoj Šalković avatar image
Domagoj Šalković asked

PSN OnlineID?

I can't seem to grab the OnlineID for other users when requesting it; it works properly for the current user;

Not sure what else do I need to set up, but I added the Linked Accounts option on the playfab backend for the Client options; Tried grabbing the data with GetPlayerCombinedInfo and GetAccountInfo, but nothing helped; Is the OnlineID seen as PII and you can't grab it from anywhere, just from your own account?

Is there a workaround for this or is it possible to show all the players OnlineIDs when needed? The use case for this is in a leaderboard where we want to toggle between OnlineIDs and player in-game username;

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards, Domagoj

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Client-side API Account Management - Get Account Info - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn and Account Management - Get Player Combined Info - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn cannot get other players’ Linked Accounts info. But Player Data Management - Get Leaderboard - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn can get it, since your purpose is to get Linked Accounts info for leaderboards, so you may try to use parameter below when getting the leaderboards. If you don’t want the clients get all other players’ Linked Accounts info, but only get the one they request, then you can implement an Azure Function to call server-side API Player Data Management - Get Player Combined Info - REST API (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Learn or Account Management - Get User Account Info - REST API (PlayFab Server) | Microsoft Learn

"ProfileConstraints":{
       "ShowLinkedAccounts": true
   }
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Domagoj Šalković avatar image Domagoj Šalković commented ·

We are trying to get the OnlineID for other players displayed in the leaderboard after using the GetLeaderboard; The only way to do this is to add the players as friends through code first, this is a solution posted in a different thread - view.html;

Is the PSN OnlineID regarded as PII (sensitive information)? And adding the players as friends to get this data seems a bit sketchy, just want to make sure I'm not getting any data from the players that I shouldn't be able to get; This is possible through linking PSN account with Playfab and also setting the ClientOptions to be able to retrieve the LinkedAccounts(this is in the sensitive data section), so I don't want to do something that isnt' safe for the user in the end;

Is there a safe way to get the PSN OnlineID for players that are not in your friends list?

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Domagoj Šalković commented ·

Due to NDA policy, we cannot further discuss PSN details in open forum. Please follow the instructions on Paid Technical Support - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to submit a support ticket to us. Thanks for your understanding.

For the issue about 'friends' please refer to the reply below.

0 Likes 0 ·
Domagoj Šalković answered

Thank you for the response!

Is the PlatformUserId in the LinkedAccounts that I grab with the GetLeaderboard equal to the PSN OnlineID? Or is this a different ID?

I know the linked account is the PSN one, just want to check if the data I am grabbing is the correct one :)

1 comment
10 |1200

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

Due to NDA policy, we cannot further discuss PSN details in open forum. Please follow the instructions on Paid Technical Support - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to submit a support ticket to us. Thanks for your understanding.

FWIW, you may compare the PlatformUserId with your test PSN account’s profile to see if it is the correct info you want.

0 Likes 0 ·
Domagoj Šalković answered

We are trying to get the OnlineID for other players displayed in the leaderboard after using the GetLeaderboard; The only way to do this is to add the players as friends through code first, this is a solution posted in a different thread - view.html;

Is the PSN OnlineID regarded as PII (sensitive information)? And adding the players as friends to get this data seems a bit sketchy, just want to make sure I'm not getting any data from the players that I shouldn't be able to get; This is possible through linking PSN account with Playfab and also setting the ClientOptions to be able to retrieve the LinkedAccounts(this is in the sensitive data section), so I don't want to do something that isnt' safe for the user in the end;

Is there a safe way to get the PSN OnlineID for players that are not in your friends list?

1 comment
10 |1200

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

The thread you mentioned is another issue about API Player Data Management - Get Friend Leaderboard - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn cannot get PSN friends in the response(it should be OK now: externalfriendsources). If you just want to get linked PSN account info with API Player Data Management - Get Leaderboard - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn, you should be able to get it directly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.