question

Martin avatar image
Martin asked

[UE 5.0.] GetUserData function doesn't accept multiple Keys as its parameter

Hi everybody!

I tried my best to find a solution to this problem, but sadly I ran out of ideas.

I'm trying to input multiple Keys (two in this case) into the GetUserData function (specifically to its Request Structure). With 1 Key it works perfectly - I'm able to get the JSON object and also access its Value without any issues. The problem happens when I try to input more than 1 Keys to search for. The description of this parameter according to PlayFab's documentation is a "List of unique keys to load from" - which makes me believe it should be possible to input multiple Keys in there.

I also found a Forum Post where is mentioned that it should be possible to input multiple Keys (in the exact format I use in the example). I have also tried using multiple formats for the Keys List - nothing works.

By this post, I would like to ask whether I am doing something wrong and it should work in normal conditions or if it is simply not possible to input more than 1 key for this API call and I just misunderstood the documentation.

I attached the screenshot of the example (with comments).

I will appreciate any help I can get.

5275-keyslist.png

unreal
keyslist.png (342.3 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Martin avatar image Martin commented ·

I have just figured out, that you can get all Keys from Player Data (Title) by not inputting any Keys into the function at all. That is partial solution for me at this moment, but it would still be much better to find out whether I am able to just search for specific keys (and more than 1) during one API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Neils Shi avatar image
Neils Shi answered

I tested your Blueprints and input multiple keys, it works. I can print all values of the keys I requested. So I suggest you test on the Postman with the API GetUserData to confirm whether you have set the UserData correctly.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Priel Gaier avatar image
Priel Gaier answered

@Neils Shi so comma separated is the correct format?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.