question

Stephen Wolf avatar image
Stephen Wolf asked

Firewall blocking server connection

I currently have PlayFab matchmaking working with Mirror on my home network but I receive this error whenever I try to connect on my office network:

Client Recv: failed to connect to ip=xx.xxx.xxx.xx port=xxxxx reason System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005)

Is there a specific url or port I need to whitelist on the firewall in order to let the connection go through?

support
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Simon Cui avatar image
Simon Cui answered

The IP addresses used by the multiplayer VMs are drawn from the general pool of IP addresses used by Azure VMs. These IPs are specified as the AzureCloud service tag. All VMs use a port range of 30000-31000 for game traffic and 50000-55000 for remote access (SSH/RDP) traffic. You can refer to this Documentation Connecting clients to game servers and follow service tags on-premises to obtain the current service tag (either using the Service Tag Discovery API or using downloadable JSON files) and configure your firewall.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.