question

carlos fernandez oliver avatar image
carlos fernandez oliver asked

Matchmacking & Multiplayer Servers

Hi, I'm currently developing a game on photon and I'm thinking about switching to playfab/mirror, I'm studying the possibilities and ways to do it but I have a couple of questions, I don't know much about playfab and I'd like to resolve those questions before doing anything. In my game I have a round matchmacking system, and what I wanted to know is: does playfab matchmacking have its own servers for each match created? or is it necessary to have multiplayer server? I don't know what advantages the two services can have together. I was thinking of using unity relay or photon fusion but the host migration problem made me look for alternatives. I know it will be a silly question but I can't get any information about it. Thanks in advance!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab Matchmaking is a service that matches players together, it doesn’t have its own servers by default. But it has a feature named server allocation, which can allocate a server instance for the match created after you enable it. The allocated server instance needs to be pre-built in Multiplayer Servers(MPS). If you want to use server allocation, it is necessary to have MPS.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.