question

maria-1 avatar image
maria-1 asked

Deploying a multiplayer server build from Unity game

Hello, I am trying to create a multiplayer server but when I try and upload my Unity Assets folder to playfab, but it isnt working. I always get server unhealthy. How do I know what folders and files to include? I have tried reading the documentation but get completely lost

multiplayersupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

To host your Unity server on PlayFab Multiplayer server, you need to integrate your unity server with GSDK and build it. Then it would be better to follow this tutorial Locally debugging game servers and integration with PlayFab - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn and debug your server build locally. If your server build runs smoothly with local multiplayer agent, then you can deploy the build to PlayFab Multiplayer server.

If you have any further question, please feel free to let us know.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

maria-1 avatar image maria-1 commented ·

I followed the steps with the locally debugging game servers and my powershell gets stuck at "waiting for heartbeats from game server" and my game exe doesnt even pop up when I run the local multiplayer agent.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ maria-1 commented ·

Could you please describe the detailed steps you have taken? How did you integrate your game server with GSDK? How did you configure MultiplayerSettings.json?

0 Likes 0 ·
maria-1 avatar image maria-1 Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I followed all of the steps in the two links you provided earlier. Here is my MultiplayerSettings.json file: 5267-multiplayersettings-json-copy.txt

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

According to this document: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab

The StartGameCommand path for a process is a relative path where the working directory will be the first asset specified.

In your case, it should be "OdysseyQuest.exe"

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.