question

cyril-ext avatar image
cyril-ext asked

Missing player in segment,Missing players in segment

We are trying to run a cloud script on our players with a segment filtered by "All players".

The segment report 2730 players while the development count say we have more

2.86K/100K .

When we run our cloud script on this segment there is some missing accounts.

When the user log in for the first time on the pre-created account, the user will join the segment.

Is it normal that these accounts are missing until they login with their devices (their accounts were created before from a server)?

It does not affect all the account just a small portion.

If so, do we have another way of getting them without knowing their playfab id ?

Title id : 31593

We are trying to run a cloud script on our players with a segment filtered by "All players".

The segment report 2730 players while the development count say we have more

2.86K/100K .

When we run our cloud script on this segment there is some missing accounts.

When the user log in for the first time on the pre-created account, the user will join the segment.

Is it normal that these accounts are missing until they login ?

If so, do we have another way of getting them without knowing their playfab id ?

Title id : 31593

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Please note that there may be some delays in updating the "all player" segment. New accounts and deleted accounts take some time to update in this segment. As for “Is it normal that these accounts are missing until they login with their devices (their accounts were created before from a server)?” May I know which API you are using to create those accounts?

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cyril-ext avatar image cyril-ext commented ·

We are using the "Client/RegisterPlayFabUser" API as there is no server/admin API to create an account as I know.

We create an account with a mail/password as we already have a platform for creating the accounts.

The missing account seems to be the one that had an error when we wrote a title data on them just after the creation.

Due to a bad concurent execution we had some "EntityProfileVersionMismatch" error on few accounts.Those ~100 accounts were not in the all players segment even after 2 days.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao cyril-ext commented ·

Accounts created with API Authentication - Register PlayFab User - REST API (PlayFab Client) | Microsoft Learn will be in the All players segment after a few minutes in my tests. And it doesn’t need an additional login. Since you have mentioned “The missing account seems to be the one that had an error when we wrote a title data on them just after the creation. Due to a bad concurent execution we had some "EntityProfileVersionMismatch" error on few accounts.” May I know the reproduce steps, so I can do some research?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.