question

David Breiter avatar image
David Breiter asked

How to store Data from a Race as Time Ghost?

Hello There,

i am currently working on a game which is using Time Trial Ghosts similar to Track Mania.

I am trying to implement a turnbased multiplayer , in which players are able to record a Race and send it to their friends. This is currently working with the help of groups in which the state of the active game is stored. I am using the SetObjects to store which specific track was played and which player of the group has the next turn to record his time on the track.

As for a prototype purpose I am uploading recorded tracks into the files of the group which is representing an active game. One Recording is 6-10kb. If I want to be able to replay the last 2 runs I will have a state in which I will have 3 files active in the group (around 30kb).

If I would say one player can have 5 active games that would lead to having 150 kb per player as file storage. It would already be 15gb when having 100.000 active Players (which would be great).

Is there a better way to store files "that big" or can I go with that approach ? I am wondering for the case there would be too many active players to store all the record files.

Player DataTitle DataShared Group Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The group object/file counts to Profile Storage. According to the Price document, if you are on Pay as you go Plan, it will be $1.54 per GB.

You can try to encode the data and compress the file to fewer bytes, and you can delete the unused files to save space and reduce the cost.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.