I am creating a game in UnityEngine, with 1v1 matches, hosted server builds on playfab.
Matchmaking, joining, gameplay is working.
We are approaching our release moment, and I have a few questions to clarify the server count settings.
1. When creating a new build setup (under Multiplayer -> New Build), I can choose:
a) a virtual machine differing in the number of cores (2/4/8/16)
b) Servers per machine (1 or more)
2. When editing an existing build information (under Multiplayer -> existing build), I can setup server count per region:
a) Target standby (0 or more)
b) Maximum (0 or more)
1. Is the 1.b "server" equal to "uploaded server game build"?
2. What is the maximum of servers per machine (1.b) I can set?
3. What is the recommended number of servers per machine (1.b)?
4. How could I test/profile what number is "ok" for servers per machine (1.b)?
5. Under 2. Servers by region - is TargetStandby limited by Maximum?
6. Under 2. Servers by region - is Maximum limited by 1.b) servers per machine or are new machines allocated dynamically if for example I have 2 servers per machine (1.b), and I setup Servers by region maximum to 5, will I have 5 machines with 2 server game builds each if 10 players go into matchmaking? (or please explain if I described any part of the setup incorrectly)
7. As I currently understand, our limit of total maximum server game builds (until we request quota increase) is (24cores/number of cores set in 1.a) * servers per machine in 1.b = which could be at maximum 24/2 * value1.b, is this correct? (and value1.b maximum question is question 2)
8. Can you explain the difference between "servers per region" setup of 2 standby + 2 maximum, and 0 standby + 2 maximum?
a) from my understanding, 2s+2max would keep 2 servers active at all times, and their uptime would be measured into our mothly cost
b) from my understanding, 0s+2max would keep 0 servers active at all times, and would not start up any servers when the need occurs (when players request matchmaking)?
c) from my understanding, 1s+2max would keep 1 server active at all times, and if players attempt to matchmake, they would succeed, but what if another pair of players attempts to matchmake, would another server instance be started (up to a maximum of 2?) and a second pair of players would succeed in matchmaking but with more wait time? d) which approach for standby+maximum do you recommend?
9. We currently have PlayFab Core Services package I have read abount other server versions on the following pages:
a) in which plans are they included?
b) when i go to https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/r/s/[studio id]/recommend-plan, I can see only Current usage, Current plan and Recommended plan and other plans are listed on https://playfab.com/pricing/ - but there are no details on which plan allows which server variants from the above links (multiplayer-servers-detailed-price-sheet) can you provide more details on that?
Thank you for your time,