question

hipposoft3 avatar image
hipposoft3 asked

(unity) How to prevent a user call cloud script for cheating purpose.

Hi,

I have made a method in the cloud script(legacy) that grant items to a user. My Unity script calls

PlayFabClientAPI.ExecuteCloudScript()

to run the cloud script that give items to user.

Is there a way to prevent user who call the ExecuteCloudScript( via API POST call) to get items on cheating purpose?

If playfab can't blocks the ExecuteCloudScript calls, there is no reason to use server API for the security.

Please let me know the way that block cheating usage of the script in my game.

Thanks.

apisunity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The Cloud Script feature is designed to let the players to call server APIs. You cannot prevent cheaters to call the Cloud Script while allowing others to do it. (You may disable the ExecuteCloudScript API, but then no one can call your Cloud Script).

Instead of preventing the cheaters to call your Cloud Script, you can add more validation check in your Cloud Script to validate the request and tell whether the player is cheating.

You can refer to this similar case for more detail: Guidance for cheat prevention - Playfab Community

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.