question

contato avatar image
contato asked

Too many ApiCall calls and too many users failed to log into the game,Many ApiCall calls and many game users failed to login

Yesterday (11/23/2022) in the hour range of 20:00 - 21:00 many users of the game were unable to log into the game and reported this problem. Would the reason for this happen be too many ApiCall calls or would it be another reason? How could I prevent this from happening since I don't even have many users yet.

Player Dataapislimits
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

What is your title id? Please check if your client application is allowing players to call the login API too frequently. If so, you may implement the exponential retry logic and reduce the API call frequency.

0 Likes 0 ·
contato avatar image contato Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

title id 1B2EA

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

I checked our backend and noticed that in your title, there are many “TooManyRequests” error with GameClient/UpdateUserData, GameClient/GetUserInventory and GameClient/GetCatalogItems APIs. Please check your client application logic and see if you are allowing the players to call these APIs too frequently. For this type of error, you can implement the exponential retry logic, cache the result in client to reduce the API call frequency.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.