question

mark-4 avatar image
mark-4 asked

Small sized leadboards (10 - 100 players each)

Hi there,

We're making a casual mobile game, where every week you compete in the game and the people in the top 3 positions in the small-scale leaderboard win prizes.

Each player needs to be a member of a leaderboard that has only 50 players in it, including themselves.

It would be a first-come first-served basis. So the first 50 players to play that week would be in leaderboard 1. The second 50 players to turn up would be in leaderboard 2 etc. These are the 49 other players you battle against all week.

The only leaderboards I can see are global leaderboards with ALL players in, which isn't motivating or encouraging to battle your way to the top if you're number 257,835 in the chart.

I've looked at leaderboards, groups and matchmaking and I can't see an easy way to achieve this. Lots of casual mobile games seem to have this (Royal Match's Sky Race mode etc).

Is this something that Leaderboards V2 would support?

Failing that, are there any other workarounds using groups (but players would need to auto-join a public group until it's full, and then a new one is created) or matchmaking (seems heavy handed).

Leaderboards and StatisticsMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Leaderboards v2 has a feature called child leaderboards that may suit your needs. Please keep an eye on our PlayFab Roadmap - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, once it becomes available, we will update this page.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.