question

Makhran avatar image
Makhran asked

​Can PlayFab do it?

Hello!) I apologize in advance if there are errors in the text, English is not my native language and I used Google translator.

First I will tell about our task, and then my question.

A task: Game development on Unreal Engine. The game server should contain a varied set of "server settings" that affect gameplay (Inventory settings: the maximum number of items in the inventory, what items are allowed to be added to the inventory; Unique settings for each type of weapon: damage dealt, spread, magazine size; And many other settings) . The game should have different types of game servers: standard and custom. A standard game server simply loads a certain set of “server settings” that was previously created and is common to all standard game servers. A custom game server has its own unique set of "server settings". Standard game servers will be implemented through Playfab matchmaking. Players must connect to custom servers manually through the game server browser. Custom game servers are rented by players, they themselves determine "server settings", they are saved somewhere (for example, in a database), the player himself launches his game server, and the server, in turn, finds its unique "server settings" and loads them for itself.

Question: All of the above is a task that we are considering solving through PlayFab, but we don’t know if he can do all this. Is it possible to implement all this through PlayFab?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Emilie Kelleher avatar image Emilie Kelleher commented ·
EyeEm. Pictures
1 Like 1 ·

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

According to your description, "server settings" are more like "game settings", which can be controlled by the "configuration file" (which contains Inventory settings and other settings) passed to server by the player or the default configuration file owned by the server. You can provide two server options to players before they start a server, one is to use default configuration, another is to manually set the game settings, then pass it to the server. As for Inventory and multiplayer server, you can refer to PlayFab Inventory APIs - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn and Servers - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn to have more information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.