question

eric@begoodi.fr avatar image
eric@begoodi.fr asked

Roadmap

Would it be possible to know (approximatively) the next big topics that will be added in the system for next months, so we do not start developing things in CloudScript if it's coming in a few months (and vice-versa) ?

Thinking about achievements of things like that...

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Apologies for the delay getting back to you on this. We looking into ways we can better expose our feature backlog to our user community, both to get input on what features people most want to see, as well as give some indication of what features we're planning to implement. One reality of being a live backend service for games though, is that if a critical issue were to occur, that may mean having to push out dates for features we're working on. That's the main reason we're very cautious about pre-announcing features - because we can't afford for someone to take a dependency on us for the delivery of a new feature by a specific date unless we're extremely confident that the date is solid.

But as I said, we do want to make sure we're being as transparent as possible. If you have thoughts on the best ways for us to do this, feel free to send them to us at devrel@playfab.com. We always appreciate feedback.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

My Game Studio avatar image
My Game Studio answered

I don't think exact dates are important here, but a general idea of what features might be coming and/or their priority level would be very useful. It not only lets developers know what direction the product is heading in, but also that feedback is being listened to.

How about a roadmap for when we could expect a roadmap? :)

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Feedback is definitely heard - and greatly appreciated. We've updated the service many times based on feedback we've had from our developer community. Most recently, resettable leaderboards was added due to specifically being requested by multiple teams. A literal roadmap isn't something we'll be doing, as it runs too great of a risk of people taking a dependency on a date (stated or implied) that we wind up having to move due to something having to be prioritized over it - as I said, the reality of being a live service. But we are reviewing potential updates to the way we present our Feature Requests forum, as it's not getting the level of engagement we'd like to see. Having a place where developers can review the list of things others have asked for and help to prioritize them via some kind of voting is extremely important to us. And having that also reflect which features are in process is absolutely a part of that.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.