question

kabumere avatar image
kabumere asked

What does 'Enable Request Times' do in PlayFab?

I'm using the PlayFab Unity extension. When I click the API tab in the PlayFab extension, I see a number of options:

Enable Client API

Enable Admin API

Enable Server API

Enable Request Times.

Right now I only have Enable Client API checked as on. Admin and Server API I don't think I need yet. However I can't find any documentation on Request Times and what that would do. Does anybody have any idea? Thanks for the help.

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
1807605288 avatar image
1807605288 answered

You're absolutely right, very few customers need the admin or server APIs, and never for the game-client. You should only enable those for game-servers, built in a separate unity project from your game-client. Never release any project or build which has the server or admin APIs enabled, because that will result in a security problem with your game.

Request timing is an internal debugging option which has accidentally been made visible to customers. It is safe to play with, but not terribly useful unless you are curious. It basically provides some feedback about how long API calls take.

Please note, there will be a very minor performance impact of enabling this. So if you're interested, check out the code:

https://github.com/PlayFab/UnitySDK/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=PLAYFAB_REQUEST_TIMING

Then, play with it, and then turn it back off.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.