question

brandon@kemojo.com avatar image
brandon@kemojo.com asked

Updating RM for Players and Title

For the project that I'm working on we have a very specialized pipeline for validating our real money transactions. This pipeline does not include using ValidateIOSReceipt and ValidateGooglePlayPurchase. and adding support for them is not really something I can pursue at the moment. What I want to do is notify PlayFab via a cloudscript, server API or admin API that a player has purchased an item with RM. I am already adding the item to the player's inventory, and it is being consumed as needed for consumable items, but I can't get PlayFab to recognize that the player spent RM to get the item, and the "Purchases" number does not go up in the dashboard.

I've tried using WritePlayerEvent to fire player_realmoney_purchase, but that doesn't seem to work (which is probably intentional). I also tried using StartPurchase/PayForPurchase/ConfirmPurchase but PayForPurchase doesn't let me define a custom payment provider.

Is what I want to do even possible with the current API available to me?

In-Game EconomyPlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

It's not currently possible to "inject" a purchase event into the system such that it would appear in your revenue chart, no. We do have a backlog item for that, so we will be adding that in a future sprint, though I can't really give a date for that yet. The system was designed around the model where the player would make a payment for digital goods via PlayFab, so that we ensure the security of the transaction from beginning to end. That way, we can ensure that players are only getting items they pay for (but always getting those items when they do). Any system that separates validation of the purchase from delivery of the goods in such a way that the server-side isn't fully authoritative in that manner is inherently insecure, which is why it wasn't part of our design.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.