question

Marcel Ernst avatar image
Marcel Ernst asked

Unable to identify non authorized UGC item

Hi,

I'm using "Catalog/GetItems" to retrieve the latest state of a set of UGC items. When 1 or more item are banned I get an "You do not have permission to view this item." error, but how can I identify which item no longer exists? I had a similar issue with "Catalog/GetItems" here, maybe you could implement the same solution?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Thanks for your feedback. As a workaround, you can use the SearchItems API to get the approved items. If the item is not approved, it will not appear in the result of Search Items.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst commented ·

Hi,

sadly that's not a feasable workaround, as I use the GetItems method to check, if some of the installed UGC has an update. The only other workaround would be to use GetItem on every installed item, but this would result in a lot of requests.

0 Likes 0 ·

Will this be implemented in the next few days or is there an expected timeframe when this will be implemented?

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com Marcel Ernst commented ·

I think we should be able to get a fix for this in by the start of December.

1 Like 1 ·
Marcel Ernst avatar image Marcel Ernst kylemc@microsoft.com commented ·

Thanks for implementing it, works perfectly now!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

Hmm... now that you mention it, GetItem/GetItems should allow you to read any items you have the id for. Let me look into what's going on here.

1 comment
10 |1200

That behaviour is correct, as the moderation state of the item prohibits it. That only happens for items, that were banned after they have been installed by some users.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.