question

Monier Hossam avatar image
Monier Hossam asked

Playfab Party unity "failed to establish or maintain a connection to a network or remote peer"

I implemented Playfab and Party sdk and followed the instructions I enabled party in the playfab dashboard, I allowed unsafe code, but the demo does not work as intended and I can't create party network

but when I run the demo, the login is successful but when I try to create or join network it fails and shows these errors "failed to establish or maintain a connection to a network or remote peer" + " PARTY_STATE_CHANGE_RESULT_INTERNET_CONNECTIVITY_ERROR" I checked the internet connection its fine and when I googled the issue, I can't find any solution out there would appreciate the help

Unity version 2021.3.4f1 Playfab sdk version 2.153.221024 Playfab party version .1.7.6.0-main.0-09.27.2022

unity3dmultiplayer
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The error "PARTY_STATE_CHANGE_RESULT_INTERNET_CONNECTIVITY_ERROR" is indicating that the local device has internet connectivity issues which caused the operation to fail. Please refer to this document: PartyStateChangeResult - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

And according to this document PartyManager::CreateNewNetwork - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn, You can retry the “create or join network” button with a small delay of no less than 10 seconds. For your app, it may be more appropriate to display the error to the user immediately, rather than retrying automatically.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Monier Hossam avatar image Monier Hossam commented ·

Thank you for the reply but seems like you did not read the whole question, I already checked the internet connection that not it, you can refer to the issue I created on github of the party SDK here

Playfab Party unity "failed to establish or maintain a connection to a network or remote peer" Issue #31 PlayFab/PlayFabPartyUnity (github.com)

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Monier Hossam commented ·

If you retry the “create or join network” button several times, does it still produce this error?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.