question

Honest Dan avatar image
Honest Dan asked

Using playfab to list servers for an Unreal Engine p2p games

I understand from an Unreal Engine perspective that I can harness their Online Subsystems and Sessions to have a player host a game (va Listen servers) on a local network. Other players on the same network can then retrieve any ongoing sessions and join a session.

However, if I want a created session to be discoverable over the internet, I'd need to utilise something like Playfab (or Steam etc) to act as the Server List - as far as I understand. I do not need to host a dedicated server. I do not need to have match making between players who don't know each other. Instead, I'd like for a player to have the ability to create a session, and for another player to then see that session (so they can join it).

I'm reading through the docs but can't seem to come across anything going through this particular use case. I was hoping someone may be able to help me to grips with this.

unrealmultiplayerMatchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

I think Azure PlayFab Lobby overview - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn is what you want, you can have a look.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.