question

drew avatar image
drew asked

WriteEventsRequest not showing up in Player->PlayStream UI

I am trying to write custom events and have them show up in the PlayStream via Azure Function.

I got it working using WriteEventsAsync, however, I notice it only shows up in the global playstream Monitor UI and not in the Players->PlayStream UI.

I am writing to the title_playe_account entity. Is this correct, or should I be writing to a different entity for it to show up in the Players->PlayStream UI?

I tried writing to master_player_account entity instead, but I get the error ""The requesting entity is not authorized to write events with entity master_player_account!.""

What API should I call to get the right credentials if it's not the players EntityKey for writing to master account?

Thank you in advance for your support.

PlayStream
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

In my test, the Players->PlayStream page can shows the real time stream of all the events about the specific player, and you need keep the page open to monitor the events generating. And the WriteEvent API is used to write multiple entity events to PlayStream at once and you can write events to Title, title_player_account and character but not master_player account. In addition, if you want to write single custom event to an entity, you can also use WriteCharacterEvent, WritePlayerEvent and WriteTitleEvent APIs. For more information, you can refer to Generating PlayStream events - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drew avatar image drew commented ·

hi @Xiao Zha, I have written an event to title_player_account entity and its not showing up in the Player specific UI, only in the main stream page. Is that expected? How do I get an event to show up in the players specific UI stream?

0 Likes 0 ·
Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha drew commented ·

Could you please provide your code snippet and the screenshot of the event shows up in main stream page for us to research?

0 Likes 0 ·
drew avatar image drew Xiao Zha commented ·

thanks @Xiao Zha, I will try to reproduce this.

One quick question though, is WriteEventsRequest really only for multiple events?

Why is this labeled "V2" while WritePlayerEvent etc are not labeled "V2"? Are you saying we are still encouraged to use the older "V1" when writing only a single event?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.