question

Swifter avatar image
Swifter asked

How to ban a Players Device/Hardware ID

People are ban evading in my game and I was wondering how could I ban Players Device/Hardware ID Mac Address banning doesn't work I think and I was wondering if I could do it with a cloud script or API Access Policy just please tell me how.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

PlayFab currently support ban with PlayFabId or IP address. You can try with the IP ban to prevent players from registering new account with the same IP address. However, players can use VPN to work around this.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Swifter avatar image Swifter commented ·

Already did this they already got around this I need to know how to ban a players device/hardware id

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Swifter commented ·

Currently, PlayFab only supports ban with PlayFabId or IP address. Since the MAC address can be changed on most clients, so it won't work. For your case, you can use recoverable login method to increase the cheater's cost, and disable the anonymous login via API policy.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.