question

chorustempo avatar image
chorustempo asked

Temporary storage issue?

I had this error for the first time this morning. I did a search and found other posts on here suggesting it's because I've hit one of the limits on my account. I've been doing testing over the last few days and setting up multiple users then deleting them, so I'm assuming that is why. However, I wanted to check a couple of things for future reference.

1. Is there always a few days delay between hitting limits and getting error messages on subsequent requests? Looking at my API call history, the big spike in calls was on the 23rd (I set up multiple segments on that day as well, so I guess that's what pushed me over the limit). Today's API calls were only a fraction of that, but I'm only just getting the error messages when I try to set up another new test account. I just want to know how to schedule testing in future, so if I know there will be a few days delay after hitting limits then I'll organise test 'batches' based on that.

2. I had a look on the Limits page to see if anything was flagged up. But it doesn't show what caused the problem. On this occasion, I'm pretty sure it was creating so many segments + user accounts in one day. But for future testing, is there any other way to see what specific limit has been reached?

3. How long until the error clears? I can take a break from testing today, so it's not an issue. But I was wondering when the limit will 'reset' so I can plan ahead? Assuming it's a 'made too many API calls' problem, I'm guessing I can't make other API calls in the meantime?

limits
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chorustempo avatar image chorustempo commented ·

If it makes a difference, I'm getting the error message when I try to do a ClientRegisterPlayFabUser request, then a DataSetObjects request to add 3 objects to the new player's title account (I've added a loop so that it will retry if failed due to a server connection error message, but only 3 times).

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

“Temporary storage issue” happens when there’s a sudden increase in updates for a single data block in a short period. Since you mentioned “I've added a loop so that it will retry if failed”, please retry with an exponential delay back-off.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

chorustempo avatar image chorustempo commented ·

Ok, that's pretty much what I did. I think it should just be a one-off as in-game there is unlikely to ever be a situation where so many of the same requests will be run in a short period of time. I was just curious about the limit-hitting process.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.