question

sergeygurov95 avatar image
sergeygurov95 asked

Own "C-Sharp" backend using "Playfab" as a database service, authorization and analytics service

Own "C-Sharp" backend using "Playfab" as a database service, authorization and analytics service.

Greetings, we are just starting to implement our own backend, where we want to use part of the Playfab services as described above, but the server itself will most likely not be hosted on Playfab itself.

Question 1) Can we use Playfab services without hosting the server itself on Playfab? Will there be any problems with the work of the API?

Question 2) What part of sdk should I use on the server side, now we use C# sdk, where there is both a client and a server, using the guide, I was able to get the first successful request to the api, but it is executed as a client, is there any tutorial for server authorization? So that he can continue to accept client authorization tickets for their validation and further work with connected clients? In fact, the client in our case only logs in, all other data, such as profile data and any other information for the game, the client will receive from the server if the ticket is valid. Question

3) Is it correct to store game data, such as the number of buildings built by the player, their position, and so on, if I enter data related to the game logic, in the player's profile? Or should I use some other solution for this?

sdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

>>Question 1

PlayFab services are based on RESTful API, so you can use PlayFab service without hosting server on PlayFab.

>>Question 2

PlayFab have REST APIs for server management and services called Server API in any PlayFab SDK and it takes the title’s secret key to execute request. For more information about Server API, you can refer to PlayFab Server REST API | Microsoft Learn.

>>Question 3

PlayFab provide a set of tools for data storage, analytics, processing, and exports. The features are Title Data, PlayerData and so on. For more information about PlayFab Data, you can refer to PlayFab Data Overview - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.