question

sergeygurov95 avatar image
sergeygurov95 asked

Server side client authorization,Client authorization on own server

Greetings, we are developing an MMO game where there should be a main central game server, each player connects and plays in his local environment (home base, essentially a farm) and sometimes can fight with other players. The server is completely authoritarian, it fully accompanies the gameplay. We plan to use PlayFab as a database, where each user will have data on gaming activity.

The next question is, is it possible to implement user authorization on a remote "C-sharp" server, which would receive some kind of user token, and then unload all its data from PlayFab and let the player into the game? What is the best way to implement this? The documentation is very weak, there are thousands of methods and functions, api calls, but I can’t find specifics or clear examples for client authorization on the server side using a safe method, perhaps because of the large amount of dry documentation, I missed something.

Can someone suggest how I can implement this? Or provide documentation with examples? The server is implemented as a separate application on C-sharp, it has PlayFab SDK integration, but for now all I can do is just log in as a user. I would like to have an understanding of how the server can unload for caching, work with account data.

Perhaps I don’t understand the possibilities of Playfab in general and should we use SQL?

Greetings, we are developing an MMO game where there should be a main central game server, each player connects and plays in his local environment (home base, essentially a farm) and sometimes can fight with other players.

The server is completely authoritarian, it fully accompanies the gameplay. We plan to use PlayFab as a database, where each user will have data on gaming activity. The next question is, is it possible to implement user authorization on a remote "C-sharp" server, which would receive some kind of user token, and then unload all its data from PlayFab and let the player into the game?

What is the best way to implement this? The documentation is very weak, there are thousands of methods and functions, api calls, but I can’t find specifics or clear examples for client authorization on the server side using a safe method, perhaps because of the large amount of dry documentation, I missed something.

Can someone suggest how I can implement this? Or provide documentation with examples? The server is implemented as a separate application on C-sharp, it has PlayFab SDK integration, but for now all I can do is just log in as a user. I would like to have an understanding of how the server can unload for caching, work with account data.

Perhaps I don’t understand the possibilities of Playfab in general and should we use SQL?

Authentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The client login to PlayFab and get a session ticket, you can take this session ticket when client sending requests to your server then use the AuthenticateSessionTicket API to validate the client’s session ticket.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.