question

acyace2020 avatar image
acyace2020 asked

RedeemGooglePlayInventoryItems comes back with OK for bundle but empty content

Economy V2

The RedeemGooglePlayInventoryItems API appears to be fixed (problem from my previous post),

but when I'm trying it out for a bundle with currency as itemI got the response as OK200 but nothing happens (nothing as in success is empty and failed is empty as well, and apparently nothing happens in the inventory v2 either). I thought this suppose to return whatever is included in the bundle, either success or failed.

For this response I assume it means it didn't find the corresponding bundle?

From postman

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "Succeeded": [],
        "Failed": []
    }
}

The bundle has been setup so that it:

1. contains one currency with some quantity.

2. Marketplace mapping has set to the ID as in Play Console.

3. No price was set.

Any hint on what could've gone wrong or if it's some config that I've missed?

The item id is 138dc9d2-6d08-4ee3-85ff-90efdbb05814 if anyone has the access to look it up (could be deleting it later as it's just set up as a test)

apis
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Xiao Zha avatar image Xiao Zha commented ·

I'm working on it.

1 Like 1 ·
kristofer avatar image kristofer Xiao Zha commented ·

Any estimation when this might be fixed? We have a deadline next week and the only thing left is the Economy V2 integration. As for now because of this issue we have had to move to plan B and implement our own logic for receipt validation and unlocking items for the user.

1 Like 1 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image
kylemc@microsoft.com answered

I believe there are two unrelated things going on here.

First, for the "No items redeemed issue", the Google Play Add-On doesn't support test purchases yet. If you're sending test purchases in the receipt, the service will ignore them. I'll make sure we get support for test purchases on the backlog.

Second, for the "500 issue" it appears the service account key input into the Add-On was malformed. We'll look into verifying these credentials earlier in the process.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

acyace2020 avatar image acyace2020 commented ·

Yeah the 500 isn't a problem, I was just saying it happened, in case you did anything there (because we didn't touch it)

So to summarize, the item problem is because it was a test receipt, and it's not supported at the moment, and won't be implemented until further versions. Is that right?

Would you be able to add(or fix) the link for the documentation for this before that? So I at least know what the responses would look like, especially for repeated redeems and other errors.

Currently the document page is missing, only the overview is there.

Thanks. I'll mark the answer as accepted.

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com acyace2020 commented ·

I'll look into getting those documents updated. Here's the link.

Inventory - Redeem Google Play Inventory Items - REST API (PlayFab Economy) | Microsoft Learn

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Kyle, is the test purchase supported now?

0 Likes 0 ·
kylemc@microsoft.com avatar image kylemc@microsoft.com acyace2020 commented ·

Yes. Support for test items should have rolled out to production in the last week or two.

1 Like 1 ·
kristofer avatar image
kristofer answered

Hi,

We see the same thing. Both in our game and running it in Postman. Been testing with both master_player_account and title_player_account. Same empty response for both.

//Kristofer

10 |1200

This is unexpected. I'll take a look at the backend and let you know if I see anything.

10 |1200

@acyace2020 and @kristofer what title ids are you using?

3 comments
10 |1200

43A5C

there's only one bundle in the config which includes one v2 currency

0 Likes 0 ·

Tried it this morning and got 500. Reset the key in the google play addon sets it back to the empty content results.

Before reset the service account key:

Log too long for comment for it's just JSON parsing error on empty string

{
    "code": 500,
    "status": "InternalServerError",
    "error": "InternalServerError",
    "errorCode": 1110,
    "errorMessage": "System.ArgumentException: Unable to load Google Play service account credentials.\n ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Error deserializing JSON credential data.\n 

/** ... too long for comment ... **/
0 Likes 0 ·
kristofer avatar image kristofer commented ·

This is the title id - 50EEF

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.