question

contact-20 avatar image
contact-20 asked

PARTY_STATE_CHANGE_TYPE_INVITATION_DESTROYED after sending data message

Hi,

I have a multi-platform game that is showing some weird behavior on the Nintendo Switch, after a player joins the same network as the other player I send a message containing the state of the game (about 15kb) and after that the party state is automatically changed to PARTY_STATE_CHANGE_TYPE_INVITATION_DESTROYED and the connection of the network is lost on both ends.

This behavior only happens on the Nintendo Switch and only when its a Nintendo Switch sending the 15kb message (if it is other platform, Android, iOS, Windows, etc) for the Nintendo Switch the game flow works as expected.

Already configured the socket options with 512kb across the board but the issue persists, I'm using the party sdk for Unity (1.7.6.0-sw.0)

Any ideas what is happening? It's obviously something regarding the switch implementation of the SendDataMessage but I can't figure out what I can do in order to work around it.

FYI, I'm sure the issue is that message because if I don't send it (and just send smaller mock data) the game connection never fails.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

contact-20 avatar image
contact-20 answered

Ok, to anyone on the future with this issue, I don't know how to say this but the issue was the network connection (playfab after a minute or so did fail to get a valid internet connection), I was using my phone tethering on my testing when I switched to a normal routed connection it started working.
Still no idea why this 15kb or so upload would cause a network issue, but at least everything is working as expected after switching to a network

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

This question is related to Nintendo. Due to our NDA policy, we cannot discuss this issue in open forum. Please follow the instructions on Paid Technical Support - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs to submit a support ticket. Thanks for your understanding.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.