question

emil250595 avatar image
emil250595 asked

Get Matchmaking Ticket API - no matchid returned (UE5 Blueprint)

Hi

I have been following this video series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM65S1QGTZw&list=PL0jFyH3meZDMf5X6Hndo9UpwwzpCpkX2D&index=6&ab_channel=BetideEnglish (Video 6 is about matchmaking)

I have a problem, with my matchmaking. The status from the call goes from WaitingForMatch to Cancelled. After some testing I can see that I am retrieving a blank value for MatchID from the 'Get Matchmaking Ticket'.

Below is a picture.

I have checked that the 'Queue Name' and 'Ticket Id' gives correct values both in the request and in the api call result from the "Break MultiplayerGetMatchmakingTicketResult" node.

When i print the highlighted (red circle) Match ID that I get from the API, it's a blank. I have tried to print other things from this call, such as creator and ticket Id.
The 'Give Up After Seconds' is set to 50s.

Can someone help me here?

Thank you in advance.

BR, Emil

apismultiplayerMatchmaking
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

emil250595 avatar image emil250595 commented ·

My picture did not get attached I see.

Here is a link: https://imgur.com/a/L5QFS5D

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

You can follow this matchmaking tutorial and use Postman to do some quick tests and check if those API works.

Here are some situations that your ticket can’t be matched

• There is no other ticket in that matchmaking queue to match with. A single ticket cannot form a match itself.
  • According to your matchmaking queue configuration, there is no other ticket that fits the condition to match with your ticket. For example, if you add a level difference rule in your matchmaking queue configuration, you cannot match one ticket with another whose level difference is greater than the Maximum allowed difference you have configured.

To understand the matchmaking mechanism better, please read to our matchmaking documents: Matchmaking - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Please note that the "MatchId" is only returned when the tickets are matched, i.e. the status becomes "Matched". Since you have set the GiveUpAfterSeconds to 50s, if the ticket doesn't get matched in 50s, the status will change to "Canceled".

2 comments
10 |1200

Hi @Rick Chen. The match get's the status of cancelled already after about 10s.

0 Likes 0 ·

Since I am currently unable to achieve a status of "matched", what would you propose my next step to be? Given that the ticket seems to be created properly beforehand.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.