question

Gerald Phillips avatar image
Gerald Phillips asked

Which email is used for the password recovery api?

For example, if a user inputs an incorrect, fake, or otherwise in-accessible email address to register using email registration for their account, will password recovery still work?

In my trials, it seems that the user should input the email address used to register to successfully find the account, but it also seems it try's to send the recovery info to that email, not the contact email. If it's fake or no longer accessible, this seems to make the account irretrievable.

apis
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

We are discussing on this issue. I will let you the update. Thank you for your patience.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

The SendAccountRecoveryEmail API is using the login email address to verify the user account. And if the EmailTemplateId is not specified, we will send the recovery email to the login email address. (if EmailTemplateId is specified, we will send to contact email, even if you are using login email in the API request).

If the users have used incorrect, fake, or not accessible email address to register their account, they can

• convince the admin to update their account email on Game Manager then call SendAccountRecoveryEmail API again
  • register a new account with the correct email address.
  • verify their contact email, and use template when calling SendAccountRecoveryEmail API.
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gerald Phillips avatar image Gerald Phillips commented ·

When using a custom email template, it seems I'm required to provide my own reset password form and functionality. I do not have the capability to do this at the moment. Is it possible to use a template and still reference the default form PlayFab provides?

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Gerald Phillips commented ·

No, currently this isn't possible.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.