question

Eugene Solyanov avatar image
Eugene Solyanov asked

OSS plugin for UE is full of bugs

Hi,

We have downloaded OSS plugin for UE and even 2.2.4 version is full of bugs. For instance, AppSuspend is broken and contains 3 critical bugs. Maybe we can download ready to use OSS version somewhere else, or we need to ask for a permission to access to workable OSS version of a plugin?

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

May I know what’s your target platform?

0 Likes 0 ·
Eugene Solyanov avatar image Eugene Solyanov Gosen Gao commented ·

It doesn't matter. All I want to know if the alternative version of the OSS plugin exists. If no that means I need to continue to fix broken functionality in OSS plugin.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao Eugene Solyanov commented ·

There is no other version of PF OSS. PF OSS layer works seamlessly on top of the existing base platform OSS layers (such as the base GDK OSS layer provided by Epic for Xbox and PC Game Pass). PlayFab OSS compliments the base OSS by adding support for PlayFab Lobby, Matchmaking, Party networking and Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Therefore, different base platform OSS requires different configurations. Thus, we will need to know your target platform first. Also, please note, due to NDA policy, we cannot discuss Xbox, PlayStation or Nintendo Switch related questions on public forums. If you are targeting one of these platforms, please submit a support ticket to us.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

·
Eugene Solyanov avatar image
Eugene Solyanov answered

Seems the public available repository is the only version of the OSS plugin. This is sad because that means OSS not tested properly and current state is more like Beta. So beware developers you need to carefully test your game before shipping, otherwise you will stuck even with crushed on production

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dylan-1 avatar image dylan-1 commented ·

This is saddening to here - I'm just trying to implement this.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.