question

PSI Game Studio avatar image
PSI Game Studio asked

Can Segments Filter Leaderboard Statistics?

Hi,

I am developing a game with a leaderboard in Unity.

I'm looking for the best way to filter my leaderboards based on Segments (for example, region or a custom segment) - is this possible? I saw a post from 2017 that said a feature was planning to be implemented, but have not found any further documentation on using Segments to filter leaderboards.

Any assistance on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jared

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

We have a Child Leaderboards Feature in Leaderboard v2, where you can create child leaderboards from a parent leaderboard, you can use the child leaderboard as the leaderboard filtered with a segment. Currently Leaderboard v2 is in private preview and we don’t have ETA on when it will be released. Please stay in tune.

For now, you can create multiple leaderboards and use them as one leaderboard for different segments. You can update the corresponding statistics with same value at the same time to make sure the values in those leaderboards are aligned.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

PSI Game Studio avatar image PSI Game Studio commented ·

This is great, I can't wait! Thank you for sharing, I will definitely keep my eyes open for any new updates because I think this is exactly what I'm looking for.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.