question

acyace2020 avatar image
acyace2020 asked

Unable to get catalog (Economy v2)

Hi all,

New to PlayFab here so I might be missing some settings, but I couldn't get Economy v2 to work with neither Unity SDK (latest) nor Postman (Collection 0.167.221010).

I have, however, made Economy (v1) to work just fine.

In particular, I'm not able to get any catalog with the API (again tried with both Unity SDK and Postman for REST)

The endpoint

https://{
                {TitleId}}.playfabapi.com/Server/GetCatalogItems?sdk=PostmanCollection-0.167.221010

always returns "empty". However, when I create items with the Economy (v1), it shows up in the response, so I believe the endpoint is giving back v1 catalog. the "empty" was really just because it's empty in the v1 catalog.

This happens in both Postman and Unity SDK (regardless of where it's running).

And the same also happens with the client api

https://{
                {TitleId}}.playfabapi.com/Client/GetCatalogItems?sdk=PostmanCollection-0.167.221010

Moreover, attempted to use `ValidateGooglePlayPurchase` gets a response with item not found (sorry can't remember the exact statement) when running with Unity SDK on Android device.

On the other hand, using `Catalog/GetItem` with specific ID does get the correct response (i.e., with item details)

To amend, what I meant by "empty" when there's nothing set in Economy v1 catalog is the response as

{
 "code": 200,
 "status": "OK",
 "data": {
 "Catalog": []
 }
}

So my question is: how do I get v2 item list? Am I missing any particular configuration?

apissdks
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

acyace2020 avatar image acyace2020 commented ·

Since I need to wait for moderation anyways, I'd like to add that the goal is to have validation of purchase working. I know that I should, on the Unity SDK, use the Economy API not the client API to retrieve user inventory, but the validation is only in the client API, which seems to get the v1 economy, and the validation endpoint appears to use v1 catalog.

I've been looking into the redeem purchase endpoint instead but that one doesn't seem to be the same thing?

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

acyace2020 avatar image acyace2020 commented ·

Hi there,

Thanks for the references.

Yes I've checked the docs for the V2 same as the one you are referring to, but links are broken for the redeem<platform> ones.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.