question

kevin-7 avatar image
kevin-7 asked

LoginWIthSteam failed with WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app)

Hello

I have been trying to fix this issue for a while, but I can't seem to figure this one out. Steam used to work with our game, but at one point, players couldn't connect with steam anymore. I say "at one point", because I recently started working on this project and all the developers that use to work on this project are gone and they didn't left much documentation...

I already read all the other questions on the forums about this topic, and none of the the solution brought up seems to fixe the issue for me. I'm also a bit new to steamworks, so it might be just me not doing something correctly.

Our project is done in Unreal Engin 4.23 with a dedicated server. Our code looks like this

ISteamUser* SteamUserPtr = SteamUser();
	uint32 AuthTokenHandle = k_HAuthTicketInvalid;

if (SteamUserPtr)
	{
		uint8 AuthToken[STEAM_AUTH_MAX_TICKET_LENGTH_IN_BYTES];
		uint32 AuthTokenSize = 0;
		//TArray<uint32> SteamTicketHandles;

AuthTokenHandle = SteamUserPtr->GetAuthSessionTicket(AuthToken, STEAM_AUTH_MAX_TICKET_LENGTH_IN_BYTES, &AuthTokenSize);

if (AuthTokenHandle != k_HAuthTicketInvalid && AuthTokenSize > 0)
		{
			GameInstance->PlayerName = FString(SteamFriends()->GetPersonaName());

PlayFab::ClientModels::FLoginWithSteamRequest SteamRequest;
			SteamRequest.TitleId = TITLE_ID;
			SteamRequest.CreateAccount = true;
			bConnectWithSteam = true;

FString ResultToken = BytesToHex(AuthToken, AuthTokenSize);
			SteamRequest.SteamTicket = ResultToken;

ClientAPI->LoginWithSteam(SteamRequest,
				PlayFab::UPlayFabClientAPI::FLoginWithSteamDelegate::CreateUObject(this, &APlayfabManager::OnLoginSuccess),
				PlayFab::FPlayFabErrorDelegate::CreateUObject(this, &APlayfabManager::OnLoginError));

}
	}

Our steam plug-in on Playfab looks like this:

Our steamworks user group:

Authentication
ud3vg.png (22.9 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-7 avatar image
kevin-7 answered

Turns out that unreal keep trying to use the default app id 480 instead of our app id. We changed it in the default settings and added the missing code in the target files (see: https://unrealcommunity.wiki/dedicated-windows-server-steam-wip-3665g6k3)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kevin-7 avatar image
kevin-7 answered

Oops! Forgot the last image:

10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

This issue can be caused by incorrectly configured Steam Addon. Please note that the Steam Web API key should be in the native (decimal) format. Please refer to this thread for more detail: Steam WebAPI error: 102 (Ticket for other app) - Playfab Community.

1 comment
10 |1200

kevin-7 avatar image kevin-7 commented ·

I converted my steam web API key to the decimal format (using this site: https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/hex-to-decimal-converter). I now get this error instead:
Steam api rejected request as unauthorized due to invalid title application id or publisher key

Does this means that I got the correct steam web API key, but something else is wrong?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-7 avatar image
kevin-7 answered

Small update, if I change my SteamDevAppId for the one of our game instead of 480 (Spacwar), it works now (even if I have some nullptr errors I need to fix). It really seems that using the Steam Web API key has is (without converting to decimal) is ok. I would still like to have your opinion on this, Rick Chen.

1 comment
10 |1200

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Due to limited resources, it is hard for us to do the test. Do you mean that if you leave the Steam Web API Key as is, and only change your SteamDevAppId, you will not receive the WebAPI error: 102 anymore?

0 Likes 0 ·
kevin-7 avatar image
kevin-7 answered

To be more specefic, I mean that I changed the SteamDevAppId in the DefaultEngine.ini of our project.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.