question

Michael Morrison avatar image
Michael Morrison asked

No Hosts Available??

We have launched production a couple days ago. Much to my surprise this morning, a VM got marked unhealthy and we got what I assume is the maintenance message:

"HealthStatus": "ScheduledForMaintenance"

And after the server was shut down, a replacement was not launched. When I try to request a server, it says no hosts available. We are on the "pay as you go" plan, no long in development, so I don't see how this is acceptable.

We were running 1 VM as that is all we need for our low % launch that we planned. From now on we'll keep 2 VMs going, but this seems ridiculous as a paying customer. What if we need 20 VMs? Just how few servers are there in Playfab for use?

I was also the impression from the docs that maintenance messages are very rare. We actually launched production with a more powerful VM and fewer gameplay servers than we use in dev, so it can't be a resource problem.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gosen Gao avatar image Gosen Gao commented ·

May I know your title Id and Build Id?

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.