question

Amar avatar image
Amar asked

Multiple Clients (Android & iOS) and Facebook APP connecting to PlayFab Title?

Hi,

It looks like there is a limitation on how many number of Clients can be connected to developer.facebook.App?

Lets say I have two Android Apps, with different PackageID (for various reason) but they all want to connect to same FacebookApp and PlayServer how can I achieve that?

Currently I have a Samsung Galaxy App (With different package ID, may be more in the future) they both use same Facebook AppID, to get the token - Since I have SNN & DeepLinking enabled on the Android section - There seems to be an issues with the number of HashKeys Facebook allows?

Here is how my settings look on Dev-Facebook - There is no way to adda new Android App, except for Google Play. The only other way to add more Android seems to be to add these HashKeys.

As you can see I have three HashKeys (Two Prod and 1 Dev). The production version of the Samsung App is not working but the debug version is. I have opened a ticket with Facebook to get an answer on this issues and how to work around this.

Mean while what I would like to know is, what if I end up using one more Facebook App, for the second version of my App - Can it still use the same PlayFab TitleID? Or there is a 1:1 relation to FB app and TitleID?

-Thanks

Account ManagementAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Well, I can address the PlayFab side of that - when you set up a title for any service that has a server-to-server system for calls like payment validation, etc., there's going to be some information that has to be configured in PlayFab, for us to be able to talk to that service on behalf of the title, as defined in their service. Usually, that's an ID + Key or something similar. In the case of Facebook, this is only really needed if you use their payment system - in which case we need the App ID, App Secret, and the email address that is to receive notification of purchase disputes. In any situation where you do need to enter those values, yes, it's a 1-to-1 relationship between the Title ID and the app in the other service, since a different app in that service would have a different ID/Key/Secret.

Now, if you don't need Facebook payments, we technically get the Facebook ID using only the token from Facebook. That user ID is going to be unique for each app in Facebook, though if they are in the same developer account, they should share the business ID, letting us find the user across all apps you write, so that you have just one player account for all apps, and in one Title ID.

But again, if you need Facebook payments, then you must have a separate Title ID for each App ID.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.