question

Yuzhda Bohdan avatar image
Yuzhda Bohdan asked

How do I list unreal engine server for matchmaking,How do I list Unreal engine 4 server in matchmaking

I'm trying to implement ability to host server in game(client hosts server). I've tried to use Register Game function, but recived error 1089(NotAuthorized).

What is proper way to list server for matchmaking. Every tutorial that I've found only show how to find server using matchmaking, but not how to list it.

I'm trying to implement ability to host server. What's proper way to list game for matchmaking. I've tried to use Register Game node, but received error 1089(NotAuthorized).

unrealCustom Game ServersMatchmaking
2yexh.png (52.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

What do you mean by “client host server”? If you mean connect matched players by peer-to-peer, since you need to choose one of the matched players as host server, there is no need to list servers out. You can refer to Workaround for peer-to-peer connection - PlayFab | Microsoft Learn. In addition, the RegisterGame API call is only available by old titles with externally hosted servers. Please let me know if there is a misunderstanding.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.