question

Maciej Maj avatar image
Maciej Maj asked

Disable Title purchase provider

So I learned that when you use Client/StartPurchase request and pass in itemId with any currency that is not RM (real money), Playfab gives you a Payment option with purchase provider called "Title[titleId]":

"PaymentOptions": [
        {
            "Currency": "ST",
            "Price": 100,
            "ProviderName": "Title123123",
            "StoreCredit": 0
        }
    ],

I already disabled /Client/PurchaseItem using Client API policy restrictions and all purchases are made using cloud script. I would also like to disable this method of purchasing (for cheaters) while preserving the possibility to buy iAP items with RM.

If there any way to block it?

In-Game Economy
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Maciej Maj avatar image Maciej Maj commented ·

tl;tr: I would like to disable `Title123123` provider for Client/PayForPurchase call

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

I cannot reproduce this issue. Can you provide your title id for us to troubleshoot? If it is not a valid Payment Provider, calling the PayForPurchase API with that provider will not be successful.

0 Likes 0 ·
Maciej Maj avatar image Maciej Maj Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

Of course! The title id is BA26F but from my tests its a constant logic for all titles.
Maybe to give a better example:

Here is a catalog item I'm using (I believe its from Unicorn example). Notice that it does not have "RM" currency - only some custom one:

No in the game client, when I call `StartPurchase` ClientAPI method I should be able to pass in ItemId that has RM, but it turns out that when I pass in ItemId that has configured any other currency, I receive an option to use PaymentProvider "Title762479" and pay it.

Client StartPurchase call and what it returns:

Is it possible to disable only such "TitleXXXXXX" payment option? I would still like to use StartPurchase to enable iAP in my game for real money, so I can't block whole request from client.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ Maciej Maj commented ·

If you don’t want to allow the player to purchase the item with virtual currency, you can just remove that virtual currency price. And you will not see the "TitleXXXXXX" payment option for that item with that virtual currency.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Maciej Maj avatar image
Maciej Maj answered

I wanted to make purchases possible only using cloud script - in this case item prices are still valid. I guess the best solution will be to use item custom catalog data to define prices.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.