question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

In some cases, Steam Overlay does not open to make a transaction after calling "PayForPurchase".

Hi.

I am the developer of the game "Polygon" on Steam.

Recently, one of the players informed me that he does not see the transaction authorization window at the time of an attempt to purchase in-game currency for real money. I asked for his logs and I really didn't see a log about opening Steam Overlay.

I tried to initialize the purchase on my own side and it works fine. Also, many other players successfully make transactions. I continued to study the problem and at some point I decided to advise him to force open Steam Overlay using the keyboard shortcut "TAB + SHIFT". It works perfectly.

After that, I asked him to try to make a purchase and he informed me that Steam now displays a transaction confirmation window for him.

I am completely at a loss and do not understand on whose side this problem can be. I also don't know the frequency with which players encounter this problem. No one from my entourage has been able to replicate this problem, but it's still considered a pretty critical problem.

I will also write to Steam support about this, maybe they can give me other information about it.

ID: BDA22

I am using Unreal Engine 5.0.

The version of the PlayFab plugin is "1.80.220406".

apissdksIn-Game Economyunrealsupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Since PlayFab has no control over the Steam client, if the PayForPurchase API call can get a successful response, you may need to check with the SteamWorks developer support to see why this issue happened.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.