question

Gerald Phillips avatar image
Gerald Phillips asked

Download other players entity files

Is it possible to download a file from another player account? I can't seem to find a definitive answer within the forums. Some threads have shown people making progress on a similar issue, but i don't see a resolution anywhere.

For example, using Unity and C#, I have a friends list that populates as it should in UI. I want to pull a data file stored on one of the friends' account and use it for display purposes.

I have the tried the following:

- setting policies globally as well as on the title account for allowing read access (seems to work as it should)

- getting an entity token for target player (can't get to work without signing in)

Thank you,

Jerry

Player Dataentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gosen Gao avatar image
Gosen Gao answered

Entity Files is designed for storing large files. If you want to store some basic info for display purposes, you can store it in the Player Data or Entity Objects.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.