question

Dawid Majdanik avatar image
Dawid Majdanik asked

Local VM works but build sent to PlayFab doesn't work (Unhealthy\Too many restarts)

Hello,

I added PlayFabParty SDK to my project. I implemented only chat feature, joining network and sending/recieving messages works.

I was testing it on my local VM and everything worked fine(sending messages and whole game).

I wanted to test it on deployed server but server can't even start. I am getting this:

Server is unhealthy\Too many restarts

After downloading logs I can see crash log:

(this is the beginning of crash stack)

In between there are other DLLs and log ends like this:

Am I doing something wrong (again - local VM works) or am I missing someting? Could anyone help me with it?

unity3dsdks
begin.png (40.3 KiB)
end.png (90.7 KiB)
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rick Chen avatar image Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

How many servers per VM did you configure on your build? Can you provide your title id for us to troubleshoot?

0 Likes 0 ·
Dawid Majdanik avatar image Dawid Majdanik Rick Chen ♦ commented ·

It is 1 server per 1 machine on VM Dasv4, tested in North Europe, Title ID is: 14FC2. Unhealthy build is already on Playfab in case you need it.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

A possible issue can be that you are using the Party on MPS. PlayFab Party is currently not intended to be used for dedicated server scenarios. Party is aimed at titles which are doing client to client / client-hosted implementations and Party helps navigate situations where the host running on a client device (e.g. an Xbox console) is behind a router/firewall and may have strict or moderate NAT types by utilizing relayed connections – this means connection is typically not done directly via IP & port but rather through network descriptors/information.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.