question

Dawid Majdanik avatar image
Dawid Majdanik asked

[LobbySDK + Unity] I am getting an unexpected error when searching for lobbies using FindLobby

Hello,

I have problem with using:

PlayFabMultiplayer.FindLobbies()

Overall my lobby system works fine, I can join, create etc. Now I wanted to use it in my searching system which uses coroutine(3 seconds delay) between calling next:

PlayFabMultiplayer.FindLobbies()

System works like it should, I can see all active lobbies but after about 15~ calls to PlayFab it returns this error:

an unexpected error code was returned by the PlayFab service with a 4XX response code 0x%0.8x

which comes with decimal:

I was looking for this error or code but couldn't find it on forum or in docs.

Could anyone help me with solving this error?

unity3dsdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Rick Chen avatar image
Rick Chen answered

Calling the FindLobbies API every 3 seconds may be too frequent. There can be some limit that prevents malicious people from spamming this API call, and help protect the performance of the service for all titles.

In this case I would suggest you reducing the frequency of calling this API. You may delay longer, for example, 10 seconds before calling the API again. And if you still encounter this issue, you can implement the exponential retry strategy to retry this API.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dawid Majdanik avatar image Dawid Majdanik commented ·

Thank you for your answer, well, increasing delay between calls helped with getting errors. 10 seconds was the lowest stable value without getting errors.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.