question

anudeep avatar image
anudeep asked

How do i implement a cool down system?

So I am looking to add a cool down system into my game, where once a player collects the reward, that same mission won't begin (in my case, the statistics won't be updated) in that cooldown and the player's progress only restarts after that cooldown. How can i possibly achieve this? How can i be getting time and date through azure functions.

Player DataLeaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Xiao Zha avatar image
Xiao Zha answered

Rick already gave a solution for implementing a cooling system in another thread of yours: How do I implement a flexible Reward System? - Playfab Community. According to this scheme, you need to save the status of the task completion in player data (for example, you can use a field to represent it), when you want to get the time and date when the player completed the task, you can call Get User Read Only Data API to get the set field, in the return result of the API contains the last modification time of this field, which is the time when the player completed the task.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.